Tal Kor

Still here.

You are not logged in.

#1 2006-12-20 3:06 PM

Kardeiz

Look what the Kerran dragged in...

On a whim, in fact looking to see if any of the old Pinter stories were still floating around the backwaters of the internet, I decided to see if Tal Kor still existed.  Well, I'll be dipped :)

Greetings all! Nice to see a number of old friends still about.  Unfortunately the Toronto gang has scattered a bit -- I still talk to Lethoric and Miatiri fairly regularly, but Voras has vanished into the world of LARPing, and much like his character, hasn't emerged from the shadows.

How is everyone?  What's everyone playing?  Personally I'm spending my free time building a Neverwinter 2 module whilst I wait for Lord of the Rings Online.  Any plans to check it out when it gets released?  I'd love to hook up with my old mates.

Cheers!

Kar

#2 2006-12-20 8:23 PM

Syrel

Re: Look what the Kerran dragged in...

Damn Kerran's always bringing in bedraggled orphans. ;-)

Kardeiz it's good hearing from you.  Most of the Tal Kor gang are rather scattered as well.   Cariel and I are currently looking into the EQ2 expansion "Echoes of Faydwer" when we get the chance which isn't very often.  No plans for the future yet.  I'm tired of getting my hopes up then being disappointed.  The ones I have looked at are:  Middle Earth Online, Warhammer Online, and Vanguard: Saga of Heroes.  Not sure where if any I'll end up in.

It's good to hear the rest of you Toronto-ns are keeping in touch.  Be sure to say hi to Mia and Lethoric for me and keep in touch with what's going on with you guys.

#3 2006-12-21 7:37 AM

Whitepaw

Heya Kardeiz!  all is good for me, I'm currenlty in Berlin for another 2 weeks finishing up an internship with the State Department.  then its back to college for another semester and half and then I"ll be forced to enter the Real World sometime in August after I graduate.  the only thing I'm playing right now is Shining Force 2 rom on my laptop.  no internet at the apartment they provide for us lowly interns :( 

Ive spent some time reading up on Vanguard and some others but my poor computer is pushing on being 5 years old and I dont forsee that 1.8 ghz playing much anytime soon.  so if I can figure out that whole money thing and get a cheap new computer than we'll see :)

Whitepaw aka Bryant

#4 2006-12-21 8:36 PM

Pill
Administrator
Website

Good hearing from you indeed.

Same old over here. Post EQ2 it's been mostly games with guns and/or flying machines (also with guns), but I can typically be coerced into just about game, so I suppose I shouldn't speak against my future involvement with any release. There are certainly a lot of titles these days that peak my interest.

Echo the hellos to Mia for me if you can tack on a name when you speak with her, and send my best for a safe holiday season.

#5 2006-12-22 3:05 AM

Cariel

Pretty much what Sy said.  I honestly don't look that far ahead with games myself because I'd rather play something than read about it.  But I hear bits and pieces through him ;)

Work hasn't afforded me a lot of game time these days but I play a little bit of whatever when I can. 

Good to hear from you!

~ Cari

#6 2006-12-27 12:41 PM

Kardeiz

Fantatic to hear from everyone.

I must confess I've been looking at that Echoes of Faydwer box in my local gaming store closely.  The thought of returning to Kelethin is almost too good to pass up, at least to pass time until Lord of the Rings, and the reviews have been largely positive :)

I poked around WoW for a bit with Lethoric and Mia, but it's charm wore out quickly.  I appreciated the casual-friendly aspect, but in the end it just felt "soulless".  If I can't engage myself in the lore of a world, it just doesn't do it for me.  I've poked around the Lord of the Rings beta and I'm happy to say it looks like they've struck that golden balance.

Whoever ends up picking up LotRO when it gets released, do feel free to drop me a message at neon.nazgul@gmail.com.  It'd be great to draw swords with old friends again.

Board footer