Tal Kor

Still here.

You are not logged in.

#1 2008-02-22 2:33 AM

Antasis

The Past is now!

Sorry it couldn't be the Future.  Sometimes that's how it goes.

At this point, I'm sincerely hoping someone remembers me.  Or else my faux-wit is pretty much one hell of a misfire.  I see plenty of names I remember, though.  I just thought I'd check in and see how everyone's been doing.  *smiles*

#2 2008-02-24 4:21 PM

Cariel

Re: The Past is now!

Hi there.  I pop my nose in here still now and then.   Life and work have really gotten in the way of gaming for me lately.  Dabbled with a few games here and there.  These days it's mostly Rock Band on the 360 though.   Also been going to the gym lately so there's not a lot of time for the big online stuff anymore.  I'm still here and there though. 

Hope you're doing well!

#3 2008-02-24 6:17 PM

Antasis

Aw, Rock Band 360?  We have it for PS3.  Otherwise I'd ask if you needed a drummer.  *smiles*

I'm running a guild in WoW, but most of my time these days is focused on my writing or taking care of my daughter.  Oh, yeah.  I got married and am also a father now.  Still seems a bit odd to me, but it's fun anyway!

I'm glad to hear you're doing well!  There needs to be more of that going around.

#4 2008-03-06 10:17 PM

Raacorm

I think the better question is if YOU remember ME, probably not :)

In any case, just decided to pop my head in here on a whim. I am still playing EQ2, actually got Raacorm to lvl 70 (first time I'd maxed level in an MMO) until they came out with the Ruins of Kunark expansion and raised the cap to 80 lol. I only play on the weekends now, thanks to entering the real world and work lol, but still active.

EQ2 has changed A LOT from the days TK used to run around the Norrath, I think the game is much better and much more fun now, especially when you are just starting a character.

In any case, hope everyone is doing great, maybe I'll see ya in a game again sometime.

-Ian

PS. Can anyone tell me what the other old TK guys are up to these days? If ya stayed in touch that is, would love to know how everyone is.

Last edited by Raacorm (2008-03-06 10:18 PM)

#5 2008-03-07 2:23 AM

Dakhana

Hey! Just registered my account.

Here's the real challenge, Antasis, do you remember me?

I was a member of Tal Kor waaay back during the EverQuest closed beta, played in the guild during phase 3 of the beta and a little while after EverQuest's release. It blows my mind to think that it was a decade ago that I was a member of the guild, and how much has changed since then. I've seen a number of familiar names around here.

My reasons for dropping by are two-fold. First, I just wanted to say "hi" to all my old friends here. I don't really play MMORPGs since I burnt out on World of Warcraft; I quit EverQuest back in July 2001. However, back on Tal Kor's original site, I wrote a long piece of fiction in October 1998 about D'akhana, my character, and his return to the guild. Sadly, the story has been lost in the annals of time and the site seems to have been lost in the void of the internet. However, if anyone knows the old URL of the original Tal Kor website and forums, I'd love to have it, and use it to scour archive.org and the other webcrawlers to see if I can dredge up my old story. I already managed to use archive.org to recover a couple pieces of fiction I wrote for Norrath News (anyone remember that?), the old newspaper for EverQuest. Anyway, if anyone has the old Tal Kor URL in an old bookmark folder or can remember it offhand I would really appreciate it.

Thanks in advance, and its nice to see so many old friendly faces. Feel free to e-mail me if you'd like to catch up. I hope the last decade has been friendly to you guys, and wish you the best in your massively multiplayer endeavors!

~Alec

P.S. Antasis, on a CD somewhere I have an old piece of fiction that you wrote back when we were exchanging writing; I believe it was a biography for your character. If you're interested in it, I can see if I can dig it up for you.

Last edited by Dakhana (2008-03-07 2:27 AM)

#6 2008-03-08 5:32 PM

Cariel

Raacorm wrote:

PS. Can anyone tell me what the other old TK guys are up to these days? If ya stayed in touch that is, would love to know how everyone is.

Now wait a minute here.... who you calling "old" hmm?  ;)

#7 2008-03-11 2:45 PM

Raacorm

Hah, old as in "from before", not age lol :)

#8 2008-03-14 2:18 AM

Antasis

Raacorm, I do remember you.  We didn't spend much time together, as I recall, but I certainly remember you.  *smiles*  And I played EQ2 for a while, but all of my friends kind of abandoned it for WoW, so I headed there.  I still think EQ2 is the superior game of the two, though.

And hey Dakhana!  Of course I remember you.  You were the leader of the Wayward Elves, and they put me in charge after you stepped down.  How's that for a memory?  *grins*  I'd love to have that bio if you still have it.  It'd be a good chance to see how bad my writing was back then.  *chuckles*

#9 2008-03-16 12:42 PM

Syrel

Sheesh, who let all of these old-timers in?  Oh wait... I fit into that category!

Hey everyone, Ant, Raac great to see you guys again!  I hope all is well in your lives and you're having fun no matter where you're at.  Dakhana..... I swear I remember you but the wayward elves were before my time.  Regardless.  I hope all is well.

#10 2008-04-23 1:14 AM

Rillen

Wow, I guess I was one of the "youngins." I remember Raac and Ant quite well actually, but Dakhana was most definitely before Rillen's time. A pleasure to meet you and good to see all of you again!

#11 2008-04-24 11:25 PM

Cariel

Well holy smokes.

#12 2008-07-07 2:05 PM

Antasis

Look at that, I'm late to the thread I started.  Having a kid has made me forgetful in my old age, I swear.

On the bright side, I recently had my first story published.  It's a fantasy novella, headlining the special summer edition of Flashing Swords magazine.  And that's basically what I'm doing nowadays:  writing stories when I can get my daughter to sleep.  All in all, things are going well.

And hi there, Rillen!  My, so many names I haven't heard in a while.

Board footer