Tal Kor

Still here.

You are not logged in.

#1 2007-06-21 1:13 PM

Awein
Website

Hello again

Hi,

It's Awein (Kevin) again. Man, its a long time since I went by that name. Its good to see you folks still pass the stray message back and forth here.

It's great to know you're doing so well (or maybe were at this point) over seas, Bryant. I'm currently in Krakow studying for the summer. I just caught up on the posts I missed in the months I've been incommunicado. Prague is a beautiful city and for those of you that want to see it I highly recommend doing so. I've had the chance to travel around a fair bit of the Eastern Block countries so far. Poland is beautiful. I miss carne asada burritos and the surf, though.

This is the first chance I've had to spend some decent time on the internet since I came over seas. I've been checking out this game by the creator of the Ultima series. I think i originally heard about it from some of you guys about three years ago. It's called Tabula Rasa. There is a pretty good interview with the creator here: http://tr.warcry.com/news/view/72517

It is very different then when it started. t looks very interesting and much less time consuming hen the usual treadmill style. I signed up for beta, a bit late for the first big round of invites, but there will be more.

I've been playing mostly console stuff. God of War is excellent. I still have the last generation of systems. If I buy something next Gen it will be the Wii: It just looks like so much fun. I do plan to bu a new comp this fall, though. I hope to catch up with you guys one I do.

Hope everything is going great for you all in RL! Online games are just not the same without the old crew.

-Kevin

-Kevin

#2 2007-06-22 10:02 AM

Cariel

Re: Hello again

Hi Kevin!   I don't get to play so much myself these days though lately Eric and I have been playing some Lord of the Rings.  We did Warcraft for a very short time.  EQ2 got goofy to me when one of the expansions had you shuttle from one floating island to the other on a little cloud.  We tried Vanguard but didn't stay past our first free month.

Glad to hear you're doing well.  Been doing a lot of work these days with a little travel (though nothing as exciting as where you've been!) sprinkled here and there.  Eric plays some console stuff now too but I don't know what.  I do enjoy our Wii though but haven't played much in a couple months. 

And right now, I guess I should get ready for work.  At least today is FRIDAY!

~ Caryn

#3 2007-06-22 11:44 PM

Syrel

Kevin!  Great to hear from you man!  It's great hearing about the studying abroad.  What are you studying by the way.  I recently restarted going to college for an art degree myself.  As Caryn said we're over trying out Lord of the Rings and thus far are enjoying ourselves.  We're on the Landroval server if anyone is interested.  Though we definitely play sporadically.

#4 2007-06-23 4:13 AM

Awein
Website

I eventually became a Mechanical Engineer after a year of indecisiveness. Right now I'm just studying general Engineering at AGH: School of Science and Technology here in Krakow. One of the better friends I have made in the ME department used to be an art major going for a career in photography. I've noticed I tend to get along better with the atypical engineers like that. Right now I'm actually working at my cousins restaurant becuase the people are so different there. Definitely not engineers.

LoR sounds pretty cool, but also as time consuming as many of the other MMO's. I may still get in on it if there is a group of you guys playing. Like I said new computer in the fall. I've read up a fair bit on Tabula Rasa now and I think I'll jump into that when it come out. It really tries to address the a lot of the things that have made my stay in games like AO and WoW very short lived.

Nice to know the Wii is cool. I'll get one once I'm state side to tide me over till my new comp.

Great to hear from you guys,
Kevin

-Kevin

#5 2007-06-27 9:12 PM

Thaeral
Administrator

Hi, Kevin.

The Wii is cool.

I was invited into the Tabula Rasa beta back in January, but I never looked into it.

Lord of the Rings Online is a fun game and I play it nearly daily.

Titan Quest and its expansion is fun, too, for those who like Diablo type games.

#6 2007-06-30 12:28 PM

Awein
Website

You got into the beta, eh? Wanna give me your key? (JK : P) The game is very, very different from the original incarnation. It is more like an MMORPG first person shooter. I cant remember the name of the MMOFPS you were all into for a bit, but it sounded fun then and this sounds even cooler to me. I'm a big fan of Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory, so a real RPG with point and shoot caught my attention.

When I get my new computer after I get home, I think I'll grab a copy of LotR. Are you on the same server as Sy and Cari? The unofficial RP server?

Good to have more confirmation on the Wii,; maybe I'll get one off Craigslist.

I just checked out Titan Quest. That looks like fun. I always liked the Diablo series.

Good to hear form you T.

-Kevin

-Kevin

#7 2007-07-05 9:23 PM

Syrel

Yes, T's on our server.

When you pick it up, let us know and we'll give you all the names were currently running around as.

Board footer